There is an excellent article posted in today’s Beauty Editor. Michelle is contributing editor/writer for publications such as ELLE Canada, FLARE, FASHION, Glow, Chatelaine, Today’s Parent, Best Health, among others. In this very informative article, she gives a detailed look at the modern world of skin lightening, and the potential detriments of using Hydroquinone products;
You can read the entire article HERE;
“There are several reasons why I don’t think using hydroquinone is a good idea:
- It whitens skin by killing—yes, KILLING—your skin’s pigment cells. I don’t know about you, but I don’t really want to intentionally off my own cells.
- It can cause irritation and contact dermatitis.
- It degenerates collagen and elastin fibres (which, uh, we’re supposed to be *strengthening* to keep ourselves looking young and fresh).
- In darker-skinned individuals, it may cause ochronisis, which is a skin disorder characterized by “progressive sooty darkening.” Right.
- It’s known to cause DNA damage and mutations.
- Most scary of all, it’s linked to cancers in humans such as leukemia.”
She does qualify that “these things are associated with large doses over extended periods of time, which is why you’re not supposed to use products with hydroquinone any longer than six months.” However, as she points out – why take any risks when there are excellent alternatives on the market now that don’t contain Hydroquinone? These include her personal favorite – which you may be able to guess, but here is the quote:
“…You may have heard me mention this [Lumixyl] line before, and that’s because I heart it so much. The buzz is that it delivers results similar to hydroquinone, but without the toxicity. Yes please!”
This article covers several products and is a very personal and informative look at the alternatives for healthier, clearer skin – So visit the link and give it a good read.
Effective skin brightening, and spot fading without the use of Hydroquinone is now a reality.
Lumixyl Topical Brightening System;
To find a dispensing physician near you, visit our physician referral center HERE.